- The Festival is international, so all short films from any part on Earth and beyond, which production has been completed after January 1st, 2018 until the deadline of this calling, 20 May, 2019 can apply in the screening process.
- The short film´s subject must deal with social topics.
- All genres (fiction, documentary, animated films…) will be framed within one category: social theme.
- The maximum length of the short films will be 16 minutes.
- Short films unable to be seen due to technical or format problems won´t be accepted. All productions must have built-in sound. Short films that need auxiliary sound systems for their reproduction won´t be accepted.
- Short films in any language are admitted, but they must be subtitled in Spanish and/or Basque. Subtitles must be included in the replay file.
- Short films must be sent by https://festhome.com
- Participants can submit as many films as they want.
- Considering the festival only tries to promote the audiovisual industry, without any economic interests, all participants decline, with their entries, any royalties for the exhibition of their short film during the festival.
- The Organization will make a first selection from all the short films received, considering subject, technique, creativity… These short films will compete for the Jury Award (winners will be notified before 8 September, 2019).
- Festival dates:
– 24 and 25 October, 2019: short films projection. The audience will vote for their favourite short film.
– 26 October, 2019: awarded short films exhibition and awards ceremony.
- Berriozar Films will designate a Jury composed by professionals in the social, cultural and audiovisual fields, who will choose the winners from all the short films selected in the screening process. The Jury has the right to declare a prize null and void if they consider it appropriate.
The Jury comprises five members:
1º One representative of Berriozar Films.
2º One representative of the Berriozar Council.
3º One representative of a Berriozar Cultural Institution or the Berriozar Public School.
4º One audiovisual specialist.
5º One audiovisual issues specialist and/or artist.
- The prizes are (amounts are attached to deductions by public prosecutor according to local law):
Official section (Jury Award): First prize 1.000 € Second prize 500 € Third prize 300 € Participatory section Audience award 300 €
- The Organisation will contact the winners in order to give them the chance to present their work before the final Festival exhibition. Short films may be excluded if their author doesn´t answer the organization communications timely.
- The responsible of the winner short film or his/her representative must be present in the Award Ceremony to pick up the award (except for the Audience Award, which will be known the day before the Awards Ceremony). The Organization will communicate the Jury’s decision to the winners in advance, for them to confirm their attendance. The Organisation will cover up to 150€ per prize (in the Official selection, with Jury award) for lodging, meals and travelling expenses (the presentation of the corresponding invoices will be required to justify the expenditure).
- The participation in this Festival is compatible with any other festival and with other prizes and grants.
- The selected short films will be showed to the students of Berriozar Public School and in social entities after the Festival.
- To participate in this Festival implies the acceptance of the regulations of this calling, as well as all the decisions and resolutions taken by the Organisation.
- If doubt or clarification about the regulations is needed, please contact the Organisation:
– Festival Organisation: 0034 636 646 148. email@example.com
– Berriozar Culture Bureau: 0034 948 301 656
- Due to internal promotion on the Festival, the organisation may ask for some additional documentation and information referred to the selected short films.